Friday, August 1, 2014

How Laura Bell Bundy Handles Celiac Disease

What do you eat instead?
I can't drink milk but I can have cheese – fresh mozzarella, fresh goat cheese. I have issues with ice cream, so I eat coconut "ice cream" – it's amazing.

I have to be careful with corn, but potatoes don't seem to bother me. I eat steak, fish, turkey and a lot of chicken, as well as sushi. But I don't eat soy sauce because that has wheat in it. I bring my own soy sauce when I go to a Japanese restaurant.

Is it tough to find items you can eat on restaurant menus?
I have to say to the waiter, "I'm gluten-intolerant. Can you ask the chef what is gluten-free?" Or I'll ask the waiter, "Can you just cook me a chicken breast with some lettuce?"

They're much better with [dealing with food allergies] now than they used to be. They even put "GF, gluten free," on the menu now.

[But] at Italian restaurants, for example, they don't tell you [that some menu items] are doused in flour.

Traveling overseas is complicated for gluten intolerance. Paris was very difficult. But it's possible.



Source: http://ift.tt/1lle3c0

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, don't spam! Send only useful and thematic comments. Thanks!